Sustainable Palm Oil Policy (SPOP)
IOI Corporation Berhad’s (IOI) Sustainable Palm Oil Policy (SPOP) serves as the main guiding document for the Group’s sustainability practices. The SPOP was fully revised in 2016 and has undergone various revisions to reflect new sustainability requirements and stakeholder’s concerns. The latest revision is based on current industry’s best practices and inputs from engagements with relevant stakeholders.
The revised SPOP has been further expanded to include our firm commitments towards NDPE and the adoption of the relevant UN SDGs as shown below:
- To comply with all applicable legislation and codes of practice.
- To implement leading sustainability standards laid out in this policy for environmental management including no deforestation, no new planting on peat and no social exploitation (“NDPE”), human rights and workplace conditions, community development and social impact.
- Contribute to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (“UN SDGs”) in order to collectively achieve the 2030 Agenda of ensuring a sustainable future for all.
- To build traceable supply chains such that all suppliers are also in compliance with our commitments as contained in our Sustainability Policy on environmental management, human rights and workplace as well as community development and social impact.
- To strive for the highest levels of transparency and stakeholder engagement.
IOI stands firmly committed to the implementation of its sustainability policies and believes that our established no deforestation and no new planting on peat and progress in key areas of human right and workplace condition and FPIC sends a strong signal to stakeholders on our desire for continuous improvement. Moving forward, in consultation with our stakeholders, we will further review, adjust and improve our policies and its implementation methods. Any update on the SPOP will be announced on this website.
The latest SPOP is available for download here: