IOI Corporation Berhad ("IOI") is pleased to publish its first revamped Sustainability Progress Update of the year. Moving forward, the Sustainability Progress Update will be published every four months instead of quarterly. The highlights of this Sustainability Progress Update are as follows:
- Proforest completed Phase 2 of the external verification for the implementation of IOI’s policy commitments in Q1 2019.
- RSPO's official announcement stated that the monitoring of the implementation of the Complaints Panel directives for "PT SKS, PT BNS, PT BSS subsidiary of PT SNA - Case No: GR-000882 " is now officially closed.
- The first Plantation Management Review Meeting of Peninsular region was held on 14 February 2019 in Gomali estate, Johor.
- On 7 March 2019, IOI reached an important milestone where all nine of the affected communities participating in the IOI-Pelita dispute resolution process gave their consent for the implementation of Resolution Plan.
- In Q4 2018, Monash University started a collaboration with IOI to conduct a Fair and Decent Wage Study for workers in oil palm plantations. By Q1 2019, the collaboration was extended to include three more industry players to be part of the study.
- IOI achieved the Most Improved Performance in Hong Kong and Southeast Asia Award under the Forest (Palm Oil) segment in the Carbon Disclosure Programme (CDP) 2018 survey.
- IOI and Aidenvironment entered into an agreement to work together on the group-level risk assessment of IOI’s third-party suppliers.
Please click HERE to read the full revamped report.
For older reports, please click HERE.